Xodus Subsea combines time-served experience with best industry practice to provide value-adding lifecycle engineering support.
The need to provide real-world operational engineering support to bridge the functional gaps between subsea asset integrity management, operations execution, and technical assurance has long been acknowledged. Xodus Subsea addresses this need; we provide a practical, problem-solving operations engineering support service to oil and gas operators, as well as their subsea Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) enactment partners to reduce the cost of engineering support over the life of a subsea asset.
The service calls upon the full range of technical competencies that make Xodus Subsea such a uniquely integrated supplier. In addition to the interdisciplinary crossover within Xodus Subsea we can call upon the skills of Xodus Group experts in disciplines such as production assurance and process & facilities, as well as risk and reliability engineering support provided by technical safety and risk specialists.
1. Pipeline lifecycle operations support
Our practical, integrated, problem-solving pipeline operations support capability recognises the real-world issues facing pipeline operators in all phases of the lifecycle from construction, into life extension and through to cessation of production (CoP) and removal from service.
- Operational and smart / intelligent pigging strategies, evaluation and implementation support
- Production chemistry
- Flow assurance services: pipeline flow analysis, debris deposition modelling, pig run dynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Corrosion and materials engineering
- Inspection and intervention technology and design review
- Operations project scoping
- Installation engineering
- Emergency Shutdown Valve (ESDV) testing support
- Vibration engineering.
2. Subsea facilities operational integrity support
Xodus Subsea understands the demands on upstream oil and gas operators in terms of maintaining the highest standards of operational integrity throughout the lifecycle, especially in the face of the challenges associated with asset life extension. Our extensive capability portfolio and operating philosophy lends itself to easy engagement and incorporation into existing organisational structures, bringing efficient, effective support to those that need it. Operational integrity and operations management support services include:
- Corrosion and materials engineering
- Specialist subsea design engineering (modifications and replacement)
- Subsea production control and chemical injection system engineering
- Structural analysis
- Scenario planning, preparedness and critical item sparing philosophies (risk /threat / criticality)
- Interfacing subsea vibration measurement and simulation to estimate fatigue damage accrual
- Fitness-for-service and defect assessment
- Equipment replacement strategies
- Audit: technical, legislative, procedural compliance
- Hazard Operability (HAZOP) study
- Spares and obsolescence management
3. Subsea equipment reliability
The high cost of intervention to repair items means the reliability of subsea equipment is even more critical than that of surface equipment. Xodus Subsea brings experienced reliability professionals into its teams at all stages of the asset lifecycle. This results in high levels of reliability for our clients through the application of standards like API17N and the use of tools and techniques such as Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM) analysis and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
4. Subsea IMR and intervention support: planned and unplanned
A critical part of subsea operations and asset integrity management is safe and efficient offshore enactment. Xodus Subsea provides a suite of services that can be used to effectively manage subsea intervention by diver or remote intervention:
- Subsea installation analysis and engineering
- Diving and remote intervention task planning and optimisation
- Subsea isolations risk management and mitigation
- Full-scope Emergency Pipeline Repair System (EPRS) strategies and engineering
- Production and asset integrity troubleshooting
- Subsea production control and chemical injection system troubleshooting and engineering support
- Independent Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (HIRA) facilitation.
There are currently an estimated 3,500 flexible products installed worldwide, almost 60% of which are risers. Xodus Subsea is aware of the issues concerning flexible pipe systems and provides a range of asset healthcare services:
- Independent inspection and testing technology review
- Integrity Management (IM) strategies and condition monitoring guidance
- Riser annulus testing: engineering, co-ordination and support
- Test data verification and analysis
- Global riser fatigue analysis
- Corrosion-fatigue assessment
- Topsides annulus vent system design, troubleshooting and remediation
- Flow induced pulsation (FLIP) assessments to determine ‘singing riser/jumper’ behaviour and potential fatigue issues
- Vent gas monitoring/sampling technology review and guidance.